At USG, we are building the skills and capabilities of our people to create a faster-learning organization that develops long-term competitive advantages and real-time results.
We have done this through foundational continuous improvement methodologies, including our reliability performance model started in 2002, a project-based Lean Six Sigma deployment in 2010 and a lean management system program in 2015.
To date, our continuous improvement programs have developed:
• 6,000 employees trained in various areas of maintenance
• 500 certified belts who tackle projects of larger scope and complexity
• 3,000+ employees throughout the company involved in the lean management systems
Our Operational Excellence programs have created value for the organization, including:
• Offset of financially-validated inflationary costs and significant cost reductions
• Implementation of tools to create speed and agility, along with an increased awareness around matching the right problem or scope to the right level of resources
• Evolution of training into scalable, flexible, and cost-effective solutions that best serve the business through a combination of virtual platforms, blended learning, coaching, instruction, strategic project management and problem solving, as well as day to day continuous improvement lean management